Serving Size: 1/8 recipe, Total Servings: 8
Start your day on a sweet note with this guilt-free pleasure!
1 (4-serving size) package sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
2 cups fat-free (skim) milk
1 quart fresh strawberries
2 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
1 (3-ounce) package ladyfingers, split in half
1½ cups frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds (see Tip)
1. Prepare pudding according to package directions, using the fat-free milk; set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, set aside 8 small strawberries for garnish; chill until serving time. Hull and slice remaining strawberries and, in a medium bowl, combine with sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla; set aside.
3. Arrange ladyfingers in bottom and up sides of a 2½-quart glass serving bowl. Pour sliced strawberries over ladyfingers. Stir remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla into pudding and pour pudding over strawberries.
4. Spread whipped topping over pudding. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving. Just before serving, garnish with reserved whole strawberries and the toasted almonds.
TIP: To toast sliced almonds, spread them on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350°F. oven for 6 to 7 minutes, or until just lightly browned.
From the cookbook Mr. Food’s Quick & Easy Diabetic Cooking
- Food, Dining – Boca Raton
- Industrial Nanotech, Inc. Highlights Successful Use of Company’s Patented Nansulate Energy Saving Coatings by Food and B
- Free food at Tucci’s Pizza in Boca during World Cup
- Outback Steakhouse Presents $1 Million Donation in Support of US Troops Through Operation Homefront
- FAU Fireworks: FUN and Family